|* This is totally different from stir-fry. Totally. *|
There's no recipe for fried rice, because who am I to tell you how to fry your rice? Here's how I did it:
- First, start pressing some tofu.
- Start cooking rice. I used brown jasmine here.
- Prepare all your vegetables. Here, I diced some onions, garlic, peppers, hot chiles, and carrots; halved some brussels sprouts; and scooped out some frozen corn, edamame, and asparagus. Last, but not least - cube your tofu.
- Heat your wok (or very large pan) over medium heat. When it's hot, add some oil and let that heat briefly.
- Quickly fry the tofu cubes. When they're done, remove them to rest while you cook the rest of the food.
- Add onions, garlic, hot chiles, and grated ginger to the oil. Cook for a few minutes.
- Now throw in the brussels sprouts. Cook for a few minutes, until they turn bright green.
- Add carrots and peppers, and (you guessed it!) cook for a few more minutes.
- Add in the frozen veggies and fried tofu. If you're feeling crazy, throw in some cashews or peanuts. Add a splash of soy sauce and some black pepper, to taste. Let everything cook through.
- Finally, stir in the cooked rice and mix everything up! Let it all heat for a few minutes.
- Devour and enjoy!