29 August 2010

I've been grounded.

I'm sorry for my long absence; work and life have been piling up and blogging takes a necessary backseat.  I've managed to wrangle a few interviews lately, which I'll write more about soon.  Right now, I am stranded in the airport because there is a "discrepancy in the cargo hold."  You might be thinking, "What in  the world does that mean?", and you aren't the only one.  I'm still not sure what it means for the plane, but practically it means that I am stuck in the airport indefinitely until they either fix the plane or admit that it's broken and put us on different flights.  Either way, it's not much fun.  I feel a bit like Tom Hanks in The Terminal (not the best Tom Hanks film of all time, but it had its moments).


I will be updating soon, with some notes about the interviews I've gone on and the cities I've visited.  In the meantime, I will be using this time to brush up on my airport etiquette and reading Celestial Navigation by Anne Tyler.  If I find out it's worth talking about, you can bet I'll do that too.

While you are waiting with bated breath for my next update, head over to Love and Olive Oil to enter to win a whole boatload of fresh figs.  And then send some my way!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the interviews!!! Someday, I dream of being there too. not necessarily stuck in the airport on the way to an interview, but I'd take that over no interview.

    ReplyDelete