In keeping with the sunshine theme, I'd like to give a short, non-exhaustive list of other things that have brought sunshine in my life recently. So, in no particular order:
1. My cat, Lillith Cheetarah (Lilly)
*my amazing kitten eight years ago*
*The majestic cat she's grown in to*
2. The great weather and my new, free bike! My friend, Everett, just happened to know about an available bike that I could have a few weeks ago, and I've been loving it ever since! I got a cute basket so that I can ride to the grocery and pick up a few things. Of course, I have a helmet to keep my noggin safe while I'm whizzing around Knoxville. And I've ridden to school (once ...); I'm hoping that I can ride to school every day this summer and save the $70 on a parking pass. Oh, and look how pretty :)
*The purple one is mine and the silver one in the back is Derek's, so we can ride together*
3. The start of the CSA! Woo hoo, this is the first CSA I've ever been involved in, and I am super excited! The first pick up was this weekend. This week, I got lettuce mix, arugula, spinach, swiss chard, chocolate mint, radishes, green (and red!) onions, and a container of pre-fixed asian slaw with a great little cup of (vegan) dressing. This week is pretty heavy on leafy greens, but I'm excited to see what comes up in the next 11 weeks.
4. Recipe testing for Carla's upcoming Vegan Bakesale cookbook. I've mentioned it a few times before, but here are some more amazing recipes I've tried out (and remembered to photograph ... there are so many more that I forgot to take pictures of. Seriously, guys, buy this book as soon as you get a chance!).
Rosemary and Zucchini Focaccia
5. And, finally, these great bloggers, who have brought untold sunshine into my life, and on whom I bestow the "Sunshine Award"! Thank you so much for the laughs and recipes.
Thanks for all the great reads, ladies!