06 February 2010

Barack Obama could probably afford to send me a patch if he wanted to ....

I figure it's time to check in on the Presidential Fitness Challenge.  It's been a month already, and ... well ... I haven't earned my patch.  To be honest, I quit logging my exercise on the website when I confirmed that I do, in fact, have to pay for the patch.  I have been trying to get in some extra exercise, though.  Elizabeth and I have made a deal to go to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays during her between work and class break.  We made this deal two weeks ago, so we've only gone three times, but they have been a pretty good three times.

The first two times we went, I just jumped on the treadmill and ran as much as I could (which seems to be one and a quarter miles) and then walked briskly to round out the half hour workout.  Then, on Thursday, I joined Elizabeth on the elliptical machine.  I have to say, I was skeptical of what sort of workout I could get from a machine that appears to do a lot of the work for you.  About ten minutes into it, I realized just how wrong I was.  The elliptical is quite a workout, definitely tougher than just running on the treadmill (even with my stubby little short-girl legs).  And let me tell you, in case you were wondering, I am a sweater.  Which isn't to say that I am a knit winter garment, but that I sweat like a madwoman when I exercise.  It is truly disgusting.  Elizabeth will back me up there.  And I know you are glad I shared that.

So, to summarize: I don't have a super cool patch.  I do have slightly sore leg muscles.  And on Tuesday, I've got a date with a racquetball court.  I've got to head over to wikipedia now and brush up on the rules.

I know it's sad to have a blog post with no pictures.  But since this post focuses on me being sweaty at the gym, I don't think you want to see a picture of that.  So, in its place, here is a random picture from my computer.
*You may recognize this as the Winslow's house from Family Matters.  I visited it on a trip to Chicago last March.  That may be the Winslow's station wagon ... rumors abound.


Last note before we end this, Katie is having ANOTHER giveaway at her blog!  She may be the most generous blogger around.  I don't want my blog to be just a repository for other people's blog giveaways, but it doesn't seem fair for me to enter without giving everyone else the chance.  So head over here for your chance to win some NuNaturals Stevia products.  I've never used Stevia, but luckily Katie gives a lot of ideas for the lucky winner to try out. 

1 comment:

  1. dude, no shame in being a sweater. I know clinical strength deodorant costs three times what the regular stuff does, but for me it is totally worth it, and coming from a bargain fiend like me you know it's worth considering. If you are ok with a slightly higher concentration of chemicals, then it is worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete